SLIM FIT - Selvedge Denim Jeans - Super Fade with Sashiko 33K
Introducing our limited edition Super Black Fades - a special project inspired by the Japanese term Wabi Sabi i.e "The beauty that is imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete".
At the Workers Club - we believe in protecting our resources and we hate the thought of waste. Due to the authentic weaving process used by the mill that wove this cloth in Ibara, Okayama - there are occasionally irregularities in the weaving structure. This natural characteristic is sometimes more noticeable, after all Japanese made denim is a 100% natural.
For this very limited run of jeans - we have celebrated rather than rejected these irregularities.
These jeans use the same 13oz black denim featured on our regular black fade jeans - but have been given an extra aged treatment by hand to make a really authentic and unique fade that utilises only natural chemicals in the wash process.
This pair feature a sashiko reinforcement on the wearers right back leg as pictured. The sashiko stitch itself has been placed to emphasise the slubby line found when the jeans were initially produced. Sashiko literally translates as "little stabs" or "little pierce" and is a form of decorative reinforcement stitching (or functional embroidery) from Japan dating back to the Edo period.
These jeans were made in very limited numbers and will not be reproduced.
- 100% authentic Narrow loom Japanese selvedge denim
- Unique branded black hardware naturally tarnished to dark brass
- Embossed Tan leather patch
- Authentic chain stitching throughout
- Manufactured in Okayama, Japan
- One of 11 pairs made in total
- Sashiko stitching on wearers right back leg
- Each pair comes wrapped in Japanese Gauze fabric
Size & Fit
- Slim Tapered fit
- Each jean has a 33" inseam
Details & Care
- 100% cotton
- Machine Wash cool
- Hang dry - avoid tumble drying