The Workers Club
Charcoal Sticks - Takesumi - Bamboo
Still produced in an earthen oven, according to the ancestral know-how, the tabby bamboo wood is burned for 3 days between 800° and 1000°.
Bamboo charcoal, called black diamond, is one of the rare ingredients with a very wide spectrum of use.
Very porous in composition, it has the peculiarity of adsorbing and retaining 3 times more pollutants from air and water than a conventional activated carbon. Its adsorption surface is 3000m2/gram.
It is also an excellent absorber of odor and moisture. It is naturally charged with negative ions and naturally attracts toxic particles to it. It remineralizes running water thanks to its content of silicic acid, calcium and potassium. It reduces the proliferation of microorganisms and regulates the pH of the water
Instructions to use:
Before use: boil for 5 min. Remove from the water and dry in a warm place.
1) Immerse the stick in a 0.5 to 0.75 liter container of fresh tap water.
2) Leave the takesumi to act for 4 to 10 hours.
3) Continue to fill the container/jug with tap water and leave the takesumi to do it's job. Enjoy the purified water this way for up to 6 months.
4) Sterilize the stick after 1-2 months of use by boiling it for 5 minutes then dry.
5) After 6 months of use, the takesumi stick can be used as a plant fetiliser or compost.
Store in the fridge to help with any odours
Pop in the fruit bowl to help prolong the life f your fruit
Pop in the bath water to help reduce limescale and detoxify your skin.
Made in Japan